Many people and companies claim to know how to do SEO (search engine marketing). There are many SEO services to pick from. How do you know what to look for in a good SEO consultant / service? Below are a few tips.
1. With the high competition of SEO professionals fighting to your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. An established SEO company will not offer you any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals differ from another. An SEO professional must take the time to get to know all aspects of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for the service.
2. Make sure that your SEO company is not being outsourced to a 3rd party. What I mean by this is that, when you are shopping for professionals, confirm that they may be completing the work themselves rather than with a sub-contraced company that they hire. Your relationship has to be directly with the company or person you hire to complete your marketing and advertising. An excessive amount of miscommunication will break down your advertising campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it could be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource a portion of the work. An example could be website design. If an agency is hiring someone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that’s acceptable as long as the SEO services are doing the content and optimization of the site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web site design professionals.
3. Make sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Inquire about their strategy in getting your keywords ranked. A great test is to check if their own company is listed on the front page of Google. There are a few circumstances where this might not apply. For instance, if someone has been doing SEO for a very long time and decides to start a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their very own site to the top with the search engines (just as it will for yours).
4. Be cautious about anyone who promises to have your business at the top of the search engines within a designated time. There isn’t any prediction nor is there any specific formula that can be carried out to know exactly how long it will require to rank websites. If someone else is getting you to the top within a few weeks, chances are they are not doing ethical practices and will also only hurt you over time. Google will catch up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices and your site will be penalized that can put you at the bottom with the rankings. It normally takes around 3-4 months to get sites ranked on the search engines. There may be some instances that you get to the top sooner and some that you may get there later. This will depend on how competitive keywords are.
5. Be sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You do not need your SEO advertiser to become putting your campaign quietly because they have other things to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they’re doing and are not just carrying this out as something extra to generate money. Also watch out for those who think they are SEO professionals since they work in a computer field. Although I’ve a degree in Computer Human resources, it did not make me a search engine optimization professional. I learned everything I am aware outside of college through a team of experts.